We've developed these guidelines to ensure our company trademarks are properly displayed and remain undiluted across our customer, partner, and plugin ecosystems. Among the reasons our trademark guidelines are important include:
- We want our brand and brand names to be associated with awesome dev and IT tools. The more focused the use of the brand, the more powerful it will be in the community.
- More people and companies are building plugins and becoming partners or ambassadors of Zazmic and our products. They are asking for additional guidelines around how to market, design and brand their plugins and products so they (1) complement the Zazmic product "family", and (2) are distinct from from Zazmic products and brands while remaining part the Zazmic community.
- We want to avoid potential conflicts that may arise. If your brand is not clearly differentiated, customers may struggle to identify who to work with or what to buy. As a way of protecting our brands, as well as the best interests of our 3rd party developers and customers, we are sharing publishing these expanded guidelines.
Zazmic has registered some of the trademarks below or has otherwise sought protection as indicated below in the U.S and other countries. We have done this to protect and preserve the marks for our community of customers, developers, partners, and supporters for the benefit of everyone involved with Zazmic. By this we mean that people should be able to recognize when a product is from Zazmic.
You may use the Zazmic trademarks below in any blog, news article, or on your website without our written consent, as long as you use them according to this guideline, retain the capitalization structure indicated below, and retain the ® symbol or TM symbol as applicable on the right shoulder of the mark according to the usage in the list below.
|Zazmic||©||Computer software company, logo and its products / services|
If you have any questions about the use of Zazmic trademarks, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zazmic logos are distinctive graphic renditions. You may use the Zazmic logo or product logos in a blog or news article, publication, book or other online or offline medium, or on your website in reference to the respective Zazmic product, without our written consent, provided that the logos are duplicated exactly as shown in the preceding link, and the ® symbol (or the TM symbol, as applicable) attached to the shoulder of the logo as in the attached link is retained. All other usages of the Zazmic logos require the written approval of Zazmic.
Trademarks protect Zazmic as well as our community of customers, developers, partners, and vendors. They identify the source of one provider's products from another. By "products" we mean all types of offerings, ranging from commercial products and services to open source and free software and informational websites. Trademark law protects the public's ability to rely on trademarks for information about product source and quality, requiring trademark owners to take steps to police proper use of their marks.
In the Zazmic ecosystem of customers, vendors and partners, the Zazmic product names are used in naming for 3rd party products, product reviews, product usage, and more. Below are some guidelines for using Zazmic product naming conventions in your work:
- It's okay to use Zazmic's product names, logos, and trademarks in your own software product or company naming, however it must be clear that your product is a third-party tool, not an Zazmic-generated tool.
- It's okay to use Zazmic logos and brand names on your website or blog. You don't need permission from us to use the brands or names.
- When choosing a domain, don’t use domains that misrepresent your company as Zazmic. Zazmic (or our products) should never be used in your domain. This is misleading because it represents you as Zazmic. You may, however, use Zazmic (or our products) in the URL path. Examples of approved domains include: vendordomain.com and vendordomain.com/zazmic. Examples of domains that are not approved include: zazmic.vendordomain.com, vendordomain.zazmic.com, zazmic-vendor.com, vendor-zazmic.com.
- Your website should look like your website, not ours. It should not borrow heavily from or closely resemble Zazmic's website or web properties. For the sake of customers and consumers, clearly distinguishable websites help everyone.
- You may use the Zazmic logo or product logo in any blog, news article, or on your website without our written consent, as long as you follow these guidelines and do not modify our brand designs.
- It is acceptable to use Zazmic or our product names or brands in publications, blogs, books or other online or offline mediums, provided this outline is adhered to and the ® symbol or TM symbol as applicable is retained on the right shoulder of the mark. In a longer publication where Zazmic is cited more than once, the trademark symbol need only be used the first time the brand is mentioned.
- Do not concatenate product names, e.g., "MyConnectorZ-Stream."
- You are not permitted to modify the Zazmic logo or product logos in anyway except to resize a logo for the page where it's displayed.
In addition to trademarks and service marks, Zazmic has developed artwork, screenshots, and imagery for our website and other web properties
Zazmic's "look" or "feel" should not be reproduced or mimicked for the same reasons cited above: consumers and customers can be confused about whether they're dealing with Zazmic or another company. The Zazmic website and all intellectual property rights, including all Copyright rights therein, are owned by Zazmic. Reproduction or "creative borrowing" of the website or artwork without permission is a violation of Zazmic's Copyright. Zazmic product documentation has been released under License and retains the permissions and rights granted under Creative Commons.
If there are design elements that you wish to re-use on your website (e.g., to reuse a screenshot), please contact us for permission at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the use of Zazmic marks or logos, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.